For the twins birthday party this year they are having a teddy bears picnic at the local park. I am currently organising what I need to make, organise ingredients, sort out games for the day, and anything else that is needed on the day.
I created my own invitation for the day as it was more personal but I did get inspiration from one that I saw online, see below for invite and thank you card idea.
Some of the party food I would like is below, aside from the cake, nibbles and of course some healthy options, but it is only if we have time to be this creative:
- Teddy Bread instead of Fairy Bread – this is a wonderful thing to include in the theme for teddy bear theme.
- Cub Cakes – Cup cakes with bear paws, very cute indeed.
- Bear themed sweets for goody bags for the kids at the party. I know this is for Valentines, however I think it can be for a kids party if packaged up correctly.
If you are hosting a teddy bear’s picnic then the following links might help you get started:
- Wiki How’s list of How to Celebrate Teddy Bear’s Picnic Day.
- eHow Mom’s How to Plan a Teddy Bear Picnic
- Great ideas and printables for a teddy bear picnic
- Teddy Bear Picnic Ideas
Teddy Bear Picnic Games:
- Teddy Bear Picnic Games
- Great game ideas on this link for teddy bear picnics – I like the one that makes simon says into teddy bear says, and also pin the nose on the teddy bear.
- Bear Hunt – with pictures of teddy’s in the park, the kid to collect the most bears wins!
- If you have a wonderful game that was a hit, send it in.
If you have organised a successful teddy bears picnic please send in what you did and especially the games. If you have any pictures please feel free to post them on it as well.